Modifying Tasks for Children w/ Disabilities
The PE Central Challenge is for everyone! We encourage every child to complete the tasks to the best of there abilities and children with disabilities are no different. We encourage you to modify each of the tasks to meet the needs of every child in your class. The following are tips and suggestions from teachers who have modified many of the tasks for children in their classes. Thanks to all of them for these wonderful suggestions.
* Adapting the Challenge Tasks for Children with Disabilities
- Adaptations for Each Challenge
- Oklahoma Teacher Adaptations by Karen Allen, Oklahoma School for the Blind
- Modifying the Tasks for Children with Disabilities (PDF File) by Brad Weiner CAPE, NBCT
- Interview with Mrs. Shawn Fortner: Adapting challenges for kids with disabilities